Any industry located in a rural area which produces any goods or renders any service with or without the use of power specified from time to time by the Khadi & Village Industries Commission.
The Village Industries are divided in the following groups-
- MBI - Pottery & Lime Industry.
- ABFI - Fruits & Vegetables Processing Industry, Pulses & cereals, Gur & Khandsari Industry.
- PCBI - Leather, Non-Edible Oil & Soap, Cottage Match Factory, Plastic Industry.
- FBI - Bee Keeping, Medicinal Plant, Micro Forest Based Industry.
- HMPFI - Handmade Paper, Fibre Industry.
- REBT - Bio Technology, Carpentry & Black-smith.
- SEP/Service Industry.
The Village Industries products like Honey, Village Pottery, Mustard oil, Leather Footwear etc. are prime goods manufactured by the Assam Khadi & Village Industries Board. These units are run by the AKVIB departmentally and finished products are being sold in the departmental sales units. The program is implemented through the following industrial units located in different places of the state –
- Village Pottery Industry, Dharamtul, Morigaon District.
- Saranjam Karyalaya, Hengrabari, Guwahati.
- Saranjam Nirman Kendra, Hengrabari, Guwahati.
- Non Edible & Soap Industry, Raha, Nagaon District.
- Fibre Industry, Raha, Nagaon District.
- Agarbatti Industry, Raha, Nagaon District.
- Handmade Paper Industry, Gopalthan, Nalbari District.
- Leather Industry, HQ campus, Chandmari, Guwahati.
- Hengrabari Model Ghani Centre (MGC), Guwahati.
- Raha MGC, Nagaon District.
- Pathori MGC, Nagaon District.
- Morigaon MGC, Morigaon District.
- Dhekiajuli MGC, Sonitpur District.
- Majuli MGC, Majuli District.
- Nazira MGC, Sivasagar District.
- Dichangmukh MGC, Sivasagar District.
- Barama MGC, Nalbari District.
- Bongaigaon MGC, Bongaigaon District.
- Howraghat MGC, Karbi Anglong District.
- Mushalpur Bee Keeping Development Center (BKDC), Baksa District.
- Bongaigaon BKDC, Bongaigaon District
- Kalaigaon BKDC, Udalguri District.